Davidson Plum and Vanilla
Tangy, tart with a punch of bright red colour, we added soft, sweet vanilla to this seasonal rarity. The resulting flavour is reminiscent of a traditional cream soda but with a native Australian twist.
Davidson plum species are native to Northern NSW and QLD.
Our Davidson Plum shrub is made from mixed species all harvested at peak season in the rainforests of Terania Creek NSW.
A comparative study done by the RIRDC (Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation) of Davidson plum vs blueberries found that:
- the antioxidant capacity of davidson plum was 2.7 times higher than that of blueberries
- a lutein content twice that of Blueberries
- an Anthocyanin content greater than Blueberries
- a similar folate level
- a similar Zn (zinc) level
- higher levels of the minerals Mg (magnesium), Ca (calcium), P (phosphorus), K (potassium), Mn (manganese) and Cu (copper)
- Na (sodium) levels 3.6 times lower
She’s a superfood, there’s no doubt.
We make seasonal shrubs simply because we love local, seasonal fruit. Traditionally shrubs were used as a way of preserving fruit at the height of the harvest. Seasonal shrubs are a way for us to keep this tradition alive.
Batch sizes are generally small and so availability is limited. Our seasonal shrubs are only available here on our website and at the Lovemore Fermentary in Lismore, NSW. Seasonal shrubs come in 200ml bottles only.